Friday, September 5, 2008

Sarah Palin - VP or Possible Prez

Sarah Palin is a fresh breeze blowing over the political meadow. While I admire her many accomplishments and many of her views, I cannot endorse her for office, on the grounds of principle. As one who believes strongly in patriarchy as God's standard for society, I cannot elect a matriarch to what may amount to be the highest office of our country. While she may be an admirable person, she is a matriarch none the less. How can she function as wife and mother and still function as governor or VP or possibly as president? If she isn't then we must investigate the views of her husband, because he would be the power behind the "throne". I am not diminishing Mrs. Palin or her ability. I am however, lamenting that there isn't a patriarch in America that could step up to the plate and do an equal job. This lack of real men is the downfall and destruction of our country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe this comment to be true. I believe it invokes I Cor. 8:10. "For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at mean in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;" "Which hast knowledge", I believe is important. This takes on our personal responsibility for obeying the Word of God, and the personal influence we have over those that know us to be a Christian.